Developing the tools for business growth
Glasgow-based Kelvin Power Tools Ltd is a retail and wholesale supplier of power tools and accessories. The business concentrates on the industrial market, offering premium brands such as Bosch, DeWalt and Panasonic.The business was founded in 1977 as a power tool repair company by MD John Breslin. Today, the company is a significant player in the power tool market in Scotland.
Rapid business growth and a wish to make maximum use of IT to improve efficiency prompted Kelvin Power Tools to review the company’s existing business management software - Sage 50.
Kelvin required the following functionality:
- Fast Sales Order Processing to keep up with their rapid growth.
- Integration between their website and back office system to handle orders, stock information and customer data.
- A Trade counter environment to market their products more efficiently.
In order to meet their requirements we opted for the Sage 200 Suite with a customised Telesales and Tradecounter solution – Sales Order Plus for Sage 200.
The combination gave Kelvin access to vital functionality such as fast order entry, previous sales information and previously bought items.
- Custom Workshop Database fully integrated with Sage 200 Financials and Commercials
- Sage 200 CRM and Sage E-Marketing – manage all information centrally within one database that is visible to the entire organisation.
- Data Exchange for Sage 200 - integrate their ecommerce platform with the Sage 200 Suite
- Increased efficiency and improved functionality in all processing.
- Real time visibility across the entire organisation with seamlessly integrated systems.
- Reduced duplication and inaccuracies of information on website.
- Saved over 60 man days with Data Exchanges automatic uploading of product information and images. Information is therefore accurate throughout the whole organisation.
- Improved analytical insight into the business – more informed and timely business decision making.