New website launched 2 months earlier, thanks to Sage integration
Glasgow-based Kelvin Power Tools Ltd is a retail and wholesale supplier of power tools and accessories. The business concentrates on the industrial market, offering premium brands such as Bosch, DeWalt, and Panasonic. The business was founded in 1977 as a power tool repair company by MD John Breslin. Today, the company is a significant player in the power tool market in Scotland.
Rapid business growth and a wish to make maximum use of IT to improve efficiency prompted Kelvin Power Tools to upgrade from Sage 50 to Sage 200. To fully reach their potential in the power tool market, the company realised that they needed to also begin trading online.
However, with Sage 200 as their business management software for all their offline activities, they needed a way to integrate their web shop with the system to ensure that they could manage their business from one system.
Having examined available products on the market, Kelvin felt that there wasn’t an out-of-the-box solutions which met their needs. Therefore they contacted their Sage Business Partner, Eureka Solutions, to come up with a solution to integrate and automate Sage 200 with their website.
Working in conjunction with Kelvin’s web developers, Eureka Solutions began work on a module to integrate Sage 200 with the new e-commerce shop. Thus Sage 200 Data Exchange was developed giving Kelvin the following features:
- A fully integrated and automated link between Sage 200 and their ecommercewebsite, allowing Kelvin to manage their whole business from within Sage 200. This includes accounting, financials, orders, stock management and customer/supplier management.
- Transfer product information from Sage 200 to website, e.g. product names, images, pdf files, prices and stock levels.
- Online orders are created automatically in Sage 200 without any manual processing required, updating/creating customer details.
- The website is updated on order status automatically. Despatch information and relevant parcel tracking numbers are sent from Sage 200 to the website to be emailed to the customer.
- Aggregate discounts are a vailable, based on buying in bulk. For example if a customer buys 10 products they will receive 5% off the total price.
- Any enquiries, newsletter sign-ups or event registrations are imported automatically from the website to Sage 200 CRM and assigned to the relevant staff member. This streamlines the process and ensures that nothing slips through the net.
- Sage 200 CRM allows Kelvin Power Tools to manage all interactions with their customers including Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. Highly targeted customer groups are marketed to via Sage E-Marketing, with success-rate measured and tracked to improve future marketing performance.
- One system for whole business management - Kelvin Power Tools have a system from which they can manage their wh ole business, both on and off-line
- Business-wide data accuracy - All data throughout the business is up-to-date and accurate, including prices and stock levels.
- Website created 2 months earlier - Integration with Sage 200 has saved Kelvin from having to upload the details and images of their 2000 products to the website . Data Exchange uploaded Kelvin’s full product catalogue, and ensured that data was consistent throughout the whole business.
- Cuts data entry in half - Future price and stock changes made in Sage 200 will be automatically transferred to th e website, cutting in half the time to update product records. Again this ensures that data is accurate business-wide.
- Automatically manage customer orders - Customer orders are automatically transferred from the website and created in Sage without any manual processing. Customer records are also automatically created or amended, saving time and ensuring nothing slips through the net.
- Improved marketing efficiency with Sage 200 CRM - Customer groups are easily segmented based on criteria such as preferences, products bought, geography etc. This means that marketing campaigns are more likely to succeed and can be better measured for ROI and to improve future campaigns.
For more information on how Eureka Solutions can provide a business management system for your e-commerce business, please contact us to speak to one of our consultants.
“Having the website integrated fully with Sage 200 has saved a colossal amount of time and effort. We are currently loading about 2000 products lines, and expect this to rise to 10,000 in the future.
Eureka’s module has saved us having to upload the details and images of each of these products to the website separately while also ensuring that there are no errors through duplication of work."
John Breslin, MD, Kelvin Power Tools